The Langhals Family

"Children are a gift of the Lord!"

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Long Awaited Update

After three and a half months, I finally am forcing myself to update this blog even though I won't be able to upload any pictures. So much has happened and the girls say things on a daily basis that need to be recorded, I know when I look back I am going to regret not having done this sooner. The reason for my lack of blogging?? Well, the week after my last blog, I packed my entire house up and moved it into storage. At the time, I truly believed it would only be for two weeks. The kids and I went to my parents' home in Columbia while Doug stayed with a friend on the island. We sold our house and had to move out. We found another house and after much prayer and counsel continued to hold out hope that it would indeed come through despite being a short sale. While in Columbia, I had my home computer that I blog from, but I couldn't get it to work the entire time we were there. So instead, I out it off "until we move in." Then we moved in, and I put it off "until we get internet." Now that computer still doesn't work, so I am using Doug's work computer which I only have access to on the weekends. Hopefully, mine will be fixed soon and I can add pictures.

In the mean time, let me just say what a blessing our new home is! We have more space than we ever dreamed of...including a guest bed! (Please feel free to come visit.) The neighborhood is nice and the neighbors are seem friendly. Doug actually teases me accusing me of turning into a recluse, but I enjoy the place so much, I really don't go out much. We do go to our pool everyday because when we have the great ammenities we do here, and it is as hot as it is here (and being 8 months pregnant) I don't want to do anything else. The girls love the space as much as I do. They play so well together, mostly in their room with the door closed so no one can bother them. Keely randomly on the way to church last week, calls out to us to inform us: "God haves us our new house." At another point, she informed us she wanted to stay in this house: "forever and ever." We still thank God every day for this place that has already become a home. And we pray we use it for His glory to raise our kids and have others over.

The move was such a learning experience. The six weeks with my parents were wonderful, but there is just something about having your own place and being settled as a family. It was hard not having Doug around. It was hard not to be a part of our church. It was hard to keep our routine up. But I think the hardest, was knowing when I returned one of my nearest and dearest friends would no longer be a short walk away. She isn't even a phone call away. The Creedens (Trevor, Karissa, Corinne and Zach) who lived in our neighborhood, went to our church, and Trevor worked with Doug, moved to PA the same time we moved. Our children were best friends, and we were best friends. I could call her if I was out of eggs and needed one for something I was making, or she could call when she got locked out of her house. We constantly did things together, check on each other, or just enjoyed each other's company. I know they are where God wants them to be and we are happy for them. But it doesn't mean we don't miss them!

So many other things have happened in the last three and a half months, it would be too long to list them all. Keely is now 4 1/2 and an eager learner. I am officially doing preschool with her. I can't ever seem to have enough for her (except I learned she doesn't like doing handwriting pages). Macey turned three this summer. She still has a little, squeaky voice with a big vocabulary. She continues to amaze me with what she knows because she doesn't like to work with me when I try to teach her. But then can identify things and add things I never knew she knew. She is an independent, free spirit that entertains us all. Kres is 17 months and a little version of Doug both in looks and personalities. He is all boy; loving to play with trucks, balls and anything that makes noise. He is keeping me constantly on the look out because he loves to climb, take things apart, hide, find things he shouldn't, etc. And believe it or not, I am almost 34 weeks along with Baby Lang #4! We'll keep you posted on this and hopefully the rest of our lives as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home