Christmas
Growing up every Christmas was so special. I would celebrate the whole month of December. But of course, decorating at Memaw's started shortly after Halloween. It meant time with cousins who make the best friends. It meant opening a big bag of surprises from the grandparents. I remember waking up extremely early Christmas morning to see what Santa brought (still not sure how we convinced our kids to get snuggle and shower before going to see what Santa brought.) It meant picking out something special for each person in our family and then being so excited to see them open it. It was silly traditions. And though I now live out my childhood memories in my children, it is just as magical, special and memorable. The Chicken Head Bowl is the game our generation plays at the Suits Christmas. Yaya filled boxes for the boys and the girls' bag was a Vera Bradley. The kids and I made our share of cookies, cards, and other goodies to share. The girls were thrilled to find American Girls under the tree Christmas morning. Kres got his very own Clemson helmet (accompanied with a football, jersey, pants and tee). He also can adequately play Peter from "Narnia" with his sword and shield. And Wes thoroughly enjoyed all the wrapping. But of course cousins were plentiful. Excitement was everywhere. And love overplayed all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home