The Langhals Family

"Children are a gift of the Lord!"

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Coram Deo Living

We just got back from spending two weeks at Coram Deo (my dad's lake house at Lake Keowee).  The first week was spent with my family and the second week with Doug's family.  In the past, I would have dreaded taking all my kids away for that amount of time knowing routines would be lost, sleeping would be disturbed and kids would be cranky.  But once again I am realizing that as they grow older, it is getting easier to travel with our children.  And of course, having cousins to play with makes it a lot more fun for them as well.  We even had a cousin camp out the first week originally planned for under the stars but due to thunder storms, was in the basement.  It did clear up enough for smores!

I am not sure why, but I love being on the water.  My aunt and uncle took me to Lake Greenwood when I was ten and taught me to water ski.  I have been addicted ever since.  I can be riding on the boat, being pulled behind the boat, or swimming beside the boat or dock.  It always makes me happy and I never get tired of it.  After Doug and I having a busier summer than we originally thought, the two weeks away were a great way to completely stop everything and just enjoy being with family.



And because I grew up close to my extended family, I love seeing my children making memories with there extended family.  My cousins and I use to say we love each other because we are family but we like each other because we are friends.  And I love seeing my children with their cousins enjoying themselves.

Karli is 9 months older than Macey and 9 months younger than Keely so as you can imagine, the three of them are pretty inseperable once they get together.  Having Aspeyn and Sarah there to entertain them just adds to the excitement.  The amazing thing, is unlike my cousins and I, these three don't have many tiffs or hurting of each other's feelings.  Hopefully, that will stay the same even as they grow older.  Now we are back home and enjoying our last week with Daddy here before he goes back to work.  And then in two weeks, much to my dismay Keely will start school.  I am not ready to accept this fact and am sure it will be my next blog post.  In the mean time, I am enjoying my last few weeks with all four kids at home, knowing it is the last time it will be like this.  Ok, no more for now, I can't let the tears start just yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home