The Langhals Family

"Children are a gift of the Lord!"

Friday, October 03, 2008

When September Ends

Not a lot of new things going on here. The most exciting thing is that after several months of nausea and lack of energy, this week things are beginning to turn around. I actually cooked dinner three days in a row which was a record since being pregnant. And all of the housework got done in a single weekend! We even got next season's clothes moved into the girls' drawers thanks to a visit from Gramps and Nan watching the girls.

The fall weather has officially begun so we spend as much time as we can outdoors...I am so thankful my girls have a love for the outdoors as much as I do! We've gone to the park, the beach, played in the yard and had more picnics in the past two weeks than I can remember!! What Fun! The girls are at the perfect age to entertain each other and I get blessed watching them!

Here they are playing in the tidal pool together. Macey started a new game of "painting Mama" with the wet sand. Keely was a little unsure at first but then she even joined in...she just had to rinse her hands in between each paint.Keely's favorite game this day was not much of a game for me...more of a workout really. She would kick the ball into the wind, and then it would take off hundreds of feet down the beach. She would laugh her head off trying to catch up with it and then I would have to chase them both down. She never wanted to turn around because then she would be going against the wind and the ball wouldn't roll. So I would have to lugg she and the ball back and start over!Here we are building towers with Gramps and Nan. Gramps' favorite beach activity next to being buried in the sand! Keely and Macey only want you to build it so they can immediately knock it down. But then they want you to build another one. It isn't worth the effort, but they don't seem to understand that. I am not sure how many more beach visits we will get this year since the girls are to the point where they don't enjoy a trip without submerging themselves in the water. Hopefully, we can go a few more times before the water gets too cold. But I am not complaining, the weather is gorgeous and we have found many other ways to enjoy it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I love those little matching swimsuits!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home